SarahWritesHere

I'm a writer living in Oklahoma. I hope the "blog experience" will be a good one for me. With my over-active imagination, I can easily pretend thousands of people have become instant fans. Thank you for the opportunity to delude myself that anyone actually agrees with me.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's beginning to feel a lot like Halloween

Halloween's acomin'!!!!! I can't wait. I don't know why but All Hallow's Eve has always been my favorite holiday. Is it because you can dress up like a princess and people toss free chocolate at you? Hmmm....maybe I should seek a therapist about this. Plus, I love witchy stuff wayyyy too much for a confessing Christian. Anyway, the last couple of years we went to Guthrie for a Scottish Fair they hold at the Scottish Freemason Temple. So cool. I hope they'll have it again this year. Sometimes, it's way too cold to be running around regimental under the old kilt, if you know what I mean. We took Rachael to Tulsa for her first Scottish Games and Gathering. She and I bought matching celtic knot rings and wove hairbands in the craft tent. She seemed most taken with the Scottish Fainting Goats, even though none of them keeled over while we were there. We missed a lot of the cool stuff but managed to torture her for about 4 hours with the Ceiledh ("kaylee" = concert) but we enjoyed the dancing (Hey, Cary and I even danced a jig) and the last band really rocked. The Elder's singer is actually from Ireland and Rachael had to have the entire band's autograph which we thoroughly enjoyed asking them for!!
We also took her this weekend to a Midnight Matinee at the Broadway Theater here in Edmond. The play was called "The Passion of Dracula" and of course, afterward we again got the entire cast's autograph. I'm gonna have to get her a scrapbook, I guess. It was the first play she'd been too and I think the only thing holding her eyelids open at 2 a.m. were the stars in her eyes. She's going to be in Drama next semester (if her grades hold up). I think I'm as excited, if not more than, she is. She's currently at the Oklahoma State Fair with her "friend" Donnie and his family. *sigh* He's cute too, I know why all the girls are vying for him now.
Well, I always wondered why parents can't shut up about thier kids all the time, now I know. It's like every other thought in my brain is about her. I love having her around although I need to cut this off and do some writing while she's out of the house. I haven't learned how to concentrate with distractions yet.
Mimi, I just wanted to say that your comments ALWAYS count, even if the numbers don't roll up on the counter. Hope you are all doing well. Love ya and I'll talk to you soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sarah, I enjoyed reading your blog today, Its been a while. I have just been to sick, Hope to be better soon. I love you. Mom

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thans, I'm glad someone cares what I think. You must remember I live near the woman who believes her opinion IS the ONLY opinion.:)(that would be your sister) I miss you all. And I hope everyone is doing great! Ilove you all... and keep this Donnie fellow on his best behavior!:) Love, Mimi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home